Southpac Trust offices are located in the heart of the main township of Avarua on the island of Rarotonga. With its tropical climate, legislative platform, and Southpac Trust’s professional service, the Cook Islands is a paradise you can trust.
The Cook Islands is widely recognized as the leading asset protection jurisdiction for international trust structures.
- An independent country consisting of 15 islands in the heart of the South Pacific Ocean, almost directly south of Hawaii.
- Local currency is the New Zealand dollar.
- Enjoys an international reputation as the premier jurisdiction for international trusts because of its balanced protective laws.
- There are three main pieces of legislation in the Cook Islands dealing with international offshore companies and services:
– International Companies Act 1981-82
– International Trusts Act 1984
– Limited Liability Company Act 2008
- The general laws of the Cook Islands do not apply to limited liability companies, international companies, or international trusts established in the Cook Islands; they are governed by their own distinct laws enacted by Parliament and they are regulated by the Financial Supervisory Commission of the Cook Islands.
- Political system is based on the English Westminster model with a Parliament, comprising 24 members led by the Prime Minister.
- Commonwealth nation with the Queen of England, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as the symbolic Head of State.
Advantages of Establishing an International Trust or Incorporating a LLC or IBC in the Cook Islands
- The international company formation products offer some of the best advantages for asset protection and tax planning making it one of the most sought-after jurisdictions in the world.
- Ease of operation, setup and control.
- Maximum confidentiality, as incorporation documents do not name or identify the shareholder(s) or director(s).
- Corporate shareholders and directors are allowed.
- No disclosure or minimum capital requirements.
- Income generated from International Trusts, International Business Corporations and Limited Liability Companies are not subject to Cook Islands income tax.
- Foreign judgments are not recognised in the Cook Islands.
- Stable economic environment and political system.
Types of Entities or Relationships for International Trade, Estate Planning, Investment, Tax Planning and Asset Protection in the Cook Islands
- Cook Islands International Business Company (IBC)
- Cook Islands Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Cook Islands Foundation
- Cook Islands International Trust
Southpac Trust Limited Cook Islands Trustee Company Licence